To learn more about solar, we suggest that you review other publicly available newsletters, reports and websites below:
Complete Listings of State-by-state incentives and resources
- DSIRE the database of State Incentive Programs for Solar
- Renewable Energy Access renewable energy news coverage
- SolarBuzz Global solar energy developments and research and consultancy services.
- NCPV Hotline frequent news updates from NREL's National Center for Photovoltaics
- Prometheus Institute economic data and research reports to support Solar Industry Growth
- Home Power Magazine - A leading venue for homeowners, business owners, and renewable energy professionals to share experience with equipment, design, installation, and system performance.
- Solar Today - Bi-monthly magazine published by the American Solar Energy Society that covers all solar technologies, from photovoltaics to climate-responsive building to wind power, including building case studies, energy policy and community-scale projects.
- Photon International - The leading international photovoltaic magazine that covers in-depth the industry, from technology and markets to government programs around the world.
- Renewable Energy World - International magazine that features news and analysis on technology, policy, the latest trends and information about photovoltaics, wind power generation, ocean energy, biomass energy, small hydro, renewable heating and cooling; includes information on upcoming renewable energy events, conventions and exhibitions, and job opportunities.
- Sun & Wind Energy - Forum for experts on renewable energies that informs about market overviews, product information, statistics, prospects and exclusive company profiles, all within the fields of solar thermal, photovoltaics, wind energy and biomass.
- REFOCUS - The International Renewable Energy Magazine - Forum for debate and dialogue between research, industry, financial organizations and government bodies worldwide with in-depth coverage and incisive editorial on all areas of renewable energy.
- North American Clean Energy - Focuses on all sources of environmentally friendly, clean energy including wind, solar, green power, hydro, biomass and geothermal; showcases new products, services and technologies.
Organizations & Resources
- Database of State Incentives for Renewable Energy - A comprehensive source of information on state, local, utility, and federal incentives that promote renewable energy and energy efficiency.
- California Energy Commission - The state's primary energy policy and planning agency that facilitates access to data on energy production, consumption, conservation and use in California, as well as information on electricity deregulation, renewable energy and energy research.
- National Renewable Energy Laboratory - The nation's primary laboratory that develops renewable energy and energy efficiency technologies and practices, advances related science and engineering, and transfers knowledge and innovations to address the nation's energy and environmental goals.
- Solar Energy International (SEI) - Non-profit organization that offers online courses and hands-on workshops in solar, wind and water power and environmental building technologies.
- North American Board of Certified Energy Practitioners (NABCEP) - A volunteer board that supports and works with the renewable energy and energy efficiency industries, professionals, and stakeholders to develop and implement quality credentialing and certification programs.
- Building Energy Efficiency - Office of Energy Efficiency and Renewable Energy - US Department of Energy website for information on energy efficiency and renewable energy technologies.
- Interstate Renewable Energy Council - Non-profit organization that supports market-oriented services targeted at education, coordination, procurement, the adoption and implementation of uniform guidelines and standards, workforce development, and consumer protection.
- PG&E Solar and Renewables Educational Programs - Energy-efficiency education for businesses and construction professionals on everything from renewable energy to proper insulation that helps to create energy efficient buildings and comfortable indoor environments.
- Go Solar California - Joint effort of the California Energy Commission and the California Public Utilities Commission that provides information on rebates, tax credits, and incentives for solar electricity systems in California.
- California Solar Initiative (CSI) - State program provides more than two billion dollars in incentives to customers for installing PV and electricity-displacing solar thermal systems in the three California investor-owned utilities service territories. The goal is to move the state toward a cleaner energy future and help lower the cost of solar systems for consumers.
- Southern California Edison - The largest subsidiary of Edison International, the primary electricity supply company for much of Southern California.
- Sandia's Renewable Energy Technologies - The division at Sandia National Laboratories that develops commercially viable energy technologies based on solar, wind, and geothermal resources that become significant domestic and international energy supplies, with a primary focus on the utility sector.
- Southwest Technology Development Institute, New Mexico State University - Non-profit, university-based organization that focuses on the development, transfer, promotion, and commercialization of renewable energy technologies; leads the U.S. Department of Energy's Solar America Board for Codes and Standards (Solar ABCs).
- Renewable Energy World Online - Source for renewable energy news and information, access to renewable energy services, products, technology overview, events calendar and job opportunities. Also offers brand-building opportunities for renewable energy businesses.
- Find Solar - Website links thousands of home and small business owners around the country to qualified solar energy system installers serving their area, gives consumers a place to estimate costs and output of solar systems for hot water, electricity, and pool or spa heating.
- Find Solar Find a solar provider in your local area.
- ACORE: American Council on Renewable Energy Works to bring all forms of renewable energy into the mainstream of America's economy and lifestyle.
- ASES: American Solar Energy Society A national organization dedicated to advancing the use of solar energy for the benefit of U.S. citizens and the global environment.
- EERE: U.S. Department of Energy's Office of Energy Efficiency and Renewable Energy Charged with strengthening America's energy security, environmental quality, and economic vitality in public-private partnerships. Provides A Consumer's Guide to Energy Efficiency and Renewable Energy.
- EPIA: European Photovoltaic Industry Association World's largest industry association devoted to the solar electricity market.
- NREL: National Renewable Energy Laboratory The U.S. Department of Energy’s premier laboratory for renewable energy and efficiency research, development and deployment.
- SEPA: Solar Electric Power Association A collaboration of utilities, energy service providers and the photovoltaic industry working together to create and encourage commercial use of new solar electric power business models.
- SEIA: Solar Energy Industries Association The national trade association of solar energy manufacturers, dealers, distributors, contractors, installers, architects, consultants, and marketers.